To our patients,
While it has been just three months since the first diagnosis of COVID-19 in the United States, life has dramatically changed for all of us. In these unprecedented times, we recognize this virus has affected every aspect of our society and each of you in many ways. Despite the necessary focus on the coronavirus pandemic, the reality and challenges of cardiovascular disease remain unrelenting, if not more complex. However, Birmingham Heart Clinic’s commitment to the health and well being of each of our patients remains constant. In order to further this commitment and maximize the safety of our patients and staff, we have adjusted many processes throughout our practice. While this remains a dynamic process, below is a summary of many of these changes. Please see our COVID-19 information on our webpage at www.birminghamheart.com for further details.
- All patients are contacted prior to their visit to screen for COVID-19 and optimize scheduling of their appointment
- Our no-show policy has been suspended
- Refill restrictions have been adjusted
- Temperature checks are performed prior to office entry and visitors are restricted
- Extensive sanitizing measures have been implemented in patient rooms and waiting areas
- Transition to individual rooms is expedited and time in waiting areas is reduced to ensure appropriate distancing
- Staff members are utilizing appropriate personal protective equipment throughout the clinic
- Continual monitoring and adjustment of policies based on CDC and governmental recommendations
In addition to these changes, we are utilizing and encouraging telehealth visits when possible. These can be accomplished through a simple phone call or a videoconference platform. These virtual visits are appropriate and effective for patients who are asymptomatic or with stable conditions and are scheduled for what is considered a routine appointment. Patients who are experiencing symptoms or need an initial evaluation may be better served by a visit in clinic. We are also encouraging our patients with chronic conditions to participate in remote patient monitoring or chronic care management. These services utilize a free app which facilitates closer monitoring of the underlying condition as well as improved communication with the clinic.
Birmingham Heart Clinic has been steadfast in its mission of caring for patients with heart and vascular issues for more than 25 years. We remain even more devoted to that charge today. Rest assured that we are prepared and ready to meet your needs during these turbulent times. If you have any questions or we can be of any assistance, please let us know.
The Physicians of Birmingham Heart Clinic